HOW MUCH DOES A FUNCTIONING WHISKEY ALCOHOLIC DRINK UNTIL CIRRHOSIS?A buddy of mines father was an oral surgeon and alcoholic. Drank whisky. Suddenly one day began throwing up black blood and was DOA- his liver failed him and he was a goner-(life support for a week). He was 51.
To get to this point, do you have to be sh**faced 7 days a week?
How also do they acheive in their occupation? Wouldnt you have the shakes?
Answer by SULLY
IF YOU A HEAVY DRINKER, LIKE THE ONE YOU DESCRIBED, JUST A COUPLE OF YEARS! i JUST WATCHED TWO FRIENDS DIE JUST LAST MONTH! I, TOO, WAS A HEAVY DRINKER UNTIL A FEW SHORT MONTHS AGO! I, TOO, WAS A FUNCTIONING ALCIE, BUT SEEING THAT I STOPPED ALTOGETHER. AM TAKING ANTABUSE AND CAN NEVER EVEN SNIFF ALCOHOL WITHOUT BECOMING VIOLENTLY SICK. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A PROBLEM, GO TO A AA MEETING AND JUST LISTEN! IT MAY SAVE YOU BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! GOOD LUCK!!
Answer by ???
You don't have to be sh*t faced 7 days a week but years of drinking hard alcohol can cause cirrhosis maybe a couple of shots a day can cause this. Going to bed after drinking and not eating something solid can cause major problems in the long run. My closest uncle died of cirrhosis. He had a rule of only drinking every other day and beer only but the cirrhosis still took him he never drank hard liquor that i've seen. He had been warned but never told the family and at the end he said he'd rather die drinking beer than being a quiter. Also he never had the shakes he just never ever ate after drinking before going to bed.
He died at the age of 46
Answer by melter
hey,It is different for everyone,myself,whisky beer drinker for 30 + years,but I was a binge drinker,now sober 5 years,stopped at age 45,so far as I can tell,no problems,I hope I dont have problems later on,at the end of my drinking I drank on antibuse,and thought I was going to die,also could feel a numbing in my forehead,the start of a wet brain,now 5 years later that has finally gone away,alcohol has f---ed up my life since junior high,but now,I really enjoy life.I really hate to hear about people who die from alcohol,It took a near death for me to sober up,some people are functioning alcoholics,and can hold a job and a family,myself,Icould not hold a job,and yes there were times I got the shakes.bottom line is people have to hit there bottom to sober up,and most important is,they really have to want it more than anything,good luck.
Answer by Baa Baa
From all the answers people gave you, I think you realize there is no certain amount since it can vary so much. Sometimes people can have it after 10 years where as someone else might be looking at 30 years even though they might have drank the same amount throughout the time.
Wouldn't they have the shakes? Yes, they would probably get the shakes, but drinking a bit more alcohol will stop that. They don't need to drink until they get drunk when they work. They just need enough to maintain the physical symptoms such as the shakes and feeling very crappy. I know some who don't drink a drop at work and then when they get home, it starts soon as they walk in the door and goes on all evening. Yet, they function at work just fine for the most part.
Your friend died with a massive internal bleed from cirrhosis. When someone has cirrhosis, unwanted veins form called varices form that can grow quite large. These veins are not like the ones we are born with since they are weaker, can leak, and even burst causing internal hemmorhage. If the vein is large enough, this can be life threatening. Your friend apparently had a really bad big one that took his life. There is a procedure called banding that is done to greatly reduce the risk of bleeding. I used to get mine checked every 3 months. Your friends liver did not fail him when he had this bleed, but in a round about way, cirrhosis did indeed kill him.
It's not uncommon for people with cirrhosis to die from something like your friend or infection before the liver actually fails completely.
Orignal From: HOW MUCH DOES A FUNCTIONING WHISKEY ALCOHOLIC DRINK UNTIL CIRRHOSIS?
No comments:
Post a Comment