5/24/11

What affect does alcohol have on a teenagers body? What does it feel like to be drunk?


What affect does alcohol have on a teenagers body? What does it feel like to be drunk?I had a little drink, half a glass, it was rum, vodka, mixed with lime and cranberry juice. I snuck a little more in, I don't know how much I had. I kind of felt a little more relaxed. What does it do to your body though? What does it feel like to be drunnk? My friends say it makes your face numb and stuff.

Answer by Thomas Manion
It basically prevents your brain from further growing.

Answer by bakar29
Alcohol damages the liver if consumed in large quantities. I hate the feeling of being drunk, its a feeling that I cannot control and you will loose control of your body if u get too drunk.

Answer by John R.
Alcohol intoxication affects the brain, causing slurred speech, clumsiness, and delayed reflexes. Alcohol stimulates insulin production, which speeds up the metabolism and can result in low blood sugar, causing irritability, and possibly death for diabetics; in normal subjects severe alcohol poisoning can also be lethal. Vomiting and/or unconsciousness are triggered much sooner in people with a low tolerance, therefore teenagers, among whom such high levels are rarely reached unless a large amount of alcohol is consumed very quickly. However, chronic heavy drinkers' high tolerance may allow some of them to remain conscious at levels above .4%, despite the serious health dangers.

There are five stages of intoxication or "Being Drunk"

1- Euphoria
2-Lethargy
3-Confusion
4-Stupor
5-Coma

Also, alcohol limits the production of vasopressin (ADH) from the hypothalamus, and the secretion of this hormone from the posterior pituitary gland. This is what causes severe dehydration when heavy amounts of alcohol are consumed. This is what causes the high water concentration in urine and vomit, and the intense thirst that goes along with a hangover.

Answer by cookthepuppy
I have had a bit of experience with the bottle and I'd be happy to share my knowledge with you. There are definitely different stages of alcohol intoxication. The beginning is referred to as a "buzz" I usually skip this part, but the couple of times I've been there I would describe it as a warm feeling spreading throughout your body and a slight lowering of inhibitions. I feel less uptight, more friendly, more open, and more playful, all of this to a mild degree, the warm feeling is definitely the first thing I notice though. This stage is 1-2 liquor shots for me. (female, 125 lbs)
Drunk is the next stage I can remember...this varies too though, there's mildly drunk, solidly drunk, and s***faced. Mildly drunk is a pretty good place to be, inhibitions are lowered more, thoughts that I normally keep to myself are shared with people but I still feel in control, just less interested in trying to control myself. The warmth starts to turn to numbness. Mildly drunk is about 4 shots for me. (not a fan of wine/beer/mixed drinks)
A good solid drunkenness is usually what I shoot for, that or the aforementioned mildly drunk phase. At this level my inhibitions are almost gone but I still have boundaries and wouldn't do anything totally nuts...I feel totally numb. I talk A LOT and really overshare my thoughts. I always feel like running or riding a bike or swimming or doing other fun activities. I also like to try to have deep conversations with people but it doesn't work because I'm drunk. It feels like there's a mental fog surrounding me but it's generally a pleasant feeling, I feel like being much more social. This is about 5-6 shots for me.
S***faced is the next place for me and is 7-11 shots (though I usually stop counting after 9, so it's an estimate). This level is no longer fun. I feel totally numb, and as a result I usually want to try inflicting pain on myself because lol, I can't feel it! I stop considering the consequences of my actions. This next part is not really a common reaction but at this stage I can start having delusions. Sometimes these are amusing, and sometimes they are frightening, it is like my tether to reality is cut. (examples include thinking pokemon is real, the three musketeers are real and I'm in france during the era, thinking someone is trying to kill me, etc.) I have blackouts at this stage and will forget hours of time. I generally make a fool of myself, at minimum, and spend the next couple of weeks replaying embarassing memories in my head in my off-time.

My advice is to try it but with a small group of friends that you know and trust and don't go overboard with it. Drinking can be really fun and you can make some great memories but you can also end up doing things that you really regret.

What do you think? Answer below! Find out the facts about the effects of alcohol on the body, how to spot the signs of addiction and where to seek advice and support.


Orignal From: What affect does alcohol have on a teenagers body? What does it feel like to be drunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment