5/16/11

What are the effects of alcohol on a fetus during the very first weeks??


What are the effects of alcohol on a fetus during the very first weeks??What are the effects of alcohol on a fetus during the very first weeks -- before a woman would know that she was pregnant?

Answer by Baby Boy Due ANY DAY!!!
I think it really depends on how much and how often you drank. Make sure you mention it to your doctor so that they can keep a close eye on the baby to see if it will have anything wrong with it.

Answer by Jen
There is little to no effect prior to the first 8 weeks or so. MANY women have similar concerns. However, if the woman does know that she is pregnant, she should stop all alcohol. There is not enough evidence based research to say any amount is safe.

Answer by ♥ღ♥Mommy to be♥ღ♥IT'S A GIRL
If you didnt know, I wouldnt worry!
The fetus should be fine.
I had a few drinks the weekend before I found out, and Im 18 weeks!!

Answer by MSS
I think you should talk to your doctor about this than depend on our answers here. But I know that the very fist week, it would have no or little effect on the baby.
It is better to be safe than sorry. So, I would like to recommend you that you must see your doctor as soon as possible and get an opinion on this.

Answer by redlite302
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is a very real concern. Not to scare you, but there is a chance of damage to the baby. Every person is different. I drank heavily for the first 5 weeks before I found out I was pregnant. I am 7 1/2 mo nths along now. All you can do is strive for the rest of your pregnancy to be as healthy as possible. There are many sites out there about FAS - but don't freak yourself out. Congrats and good luck!

Give your answer to this question below! Find out the facts about the effects of alcohol on the body, how to spot the signs of addiction and where to seek advice and support.


Orignal From: What are the effects of alcohol on a fetus during the very first weeks??

No comments:

Post a Comment